Before each lesson
Confirm to your instructor that you are symptom-free ahead of the lesson and stop the lesson if you develop symptoms during the lesson.
Wash your hands
Before and after each lesson (including arms if you are wearing short sleeves).
Wear a face mask
During the lesson, you must wear a face covering. For practical driving test`s it is also compulsory
Wear suitable clothing
That covers you as much as possible.
Symptom free self-declaration
You must not undertake a driving lesson if you fall into any of these categories:
- You or someone you live with has coronavirus symptoms. Check the GOV.UK COVID symptoms list beforehand
- You’ve been told by the NHS Test and Trace service that you’ve been in contact with a person who has coronavirus
- You have entered or returned to the UK in the last 14 days, except in very limited situations which can be found in the government’s travel exemptions. You can find out more information on the GOV.UK COVID-19 border rules.
Pupils and instructors must bring and wear a face covering during driving lessons, unless there is a good reason not to.
Reasons not to include:
- You have a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering
- Putting on, wearing or removing a face covering would cause you severe distress
- You need to remove it during your test to avoid harm or injury or the risk of harm or injury to yourself or others
There is a possibility of glasses/eye protection fogging up. Where issues arise with this on lessons, ensure you safely resolve the problem.
If you are not able to wear a face covering, you must inform your instructor in advance of the lesson.