Terms and conditions
Learn to Drive with David is the trading name of David Browne
It is the responsibility of the pupil to make sure that they have a valid licence to drive the tuition vehicle. If during the time that they are receiving driving lessons must inform the instructor, as soon as possible, if you receive any endorsements on their licence are disqualified from driving whilst receiving driving tuition.
Your entitlement to drive. on your first lesson, you must have with you a UK Provisional/Full Driving Licence, your Share Driver Information code and your eyesight will be checked (You must be able to read a car registration plate at a minimum of 20.5 meters old-style number plate or 20m for the new style). If it is found that your eyesight is not to the standard for driving or your driving licence is invalid, then you may be charged for the lesson at the full hourly rate and the lesson terminated or the lesson may continue as a theory-based lesson.
Full Licence Holder Lessons. Pupils who have a Full Licence and not a provisional licence will be charged £31.00 per hour for refresher lessons, motorway lessons etc. No offers or promotions will apply to FULL Licence holders.
Provisional UK Driving licence will be referred to as learner drivers. The standard lesson price is £27.00 per hour. Special offers and promotions are available to New and Existing learner drivers.
New Learner pupil offers (Start special offers)
- Start Special Offers are open to all new learner pupils to Learn to Drive with David who does not have a practical car test booked or who have been outsourced by another driving school (outsourced pupils will be using the outsourcing schools terms and conditions). If a pupil has a practical test booked, then no starter offers will apply. A pupil who has a practical test booked will require a minimum of 6 hours of tuition before the practical test. All other offers and pricing shall apply. Special offers and promotion can be removed without notice.
- Start 2 Hours Starter offer. This is for a 2 Hour starter lesson and can be upgraded to the start 10 or start 6 offers within 72hrs of completion of the lesson. The offer will be charged at £39.00.
- Start 6 Hour Offer. The offer is open to learners with more or less than 10 hrs of experience and is for 6 Hours of prepaid lessons and must be taken as 3 lessons of 2 hrs in duration. The charge will be £129.00
- Start 10 Hour Offer The offer is open to learners with less than 10 hrs of experience and is for 10 Hours of prepaid lessons, The offer is for 10 hours of lessons and must be taken as 5 lessons of 2 hrs in duration. The charge will be £199.00
Existing Pupil Offers
- 2 Hour Lesson Taken as one 2-hour lesson is charged at £50.00
- 6 Hours of lessons Taken as 3 lessons with a lesson duration of 2 hours and costs £145.00
- 10 Hours of lessons Taken as 5 lessons with a lesson duration of 2 hours and costs £240.00
Driving Tests Pupils may book their own driving test but only with the consent of the instructor, if they wish the instructor to book tests, either practical or theory tests, then full payment for the test is to be paid to the instructor before the booking is made at the current DVSA price. If you wish to use the vehicle for the practical driving test, you must pay in advance of the practical test date for the hire of the car at the current rate of a minimum of 2.5 times the Standard Hourly Rate, this covers the time for getting to the test centre and the time the vehicle is on the test. The instructor also reserves the right to withhold the use of the tuition vehicle for use on the test, if the instructor believes that the pupil is not ready for the test and maybe a danger to themselves or others. The instructor will give a reasonable amount of time so that no monies are lost by the pupil due to withholding the car or for cancellation of their driving test. Any tests that are cancelled by the DVSA the instructor cannot be held responsible for but will advise accordingly. Also, will collect you in a reasonable time to travel to the test centre but cannot be held responsible for lateness to the test centre due to traffic or weather conditions.
Intensive courses are charged at the full Hourly rate and subject to availability, they are usually taken as 1 or 2-week course. The cost of Theory and Practical tests may also be added to the cost of the course. Recommended Hours
- Beginner-: No previous experience 40+hrs
- Novice:- Had a few lessons 30+hr
- Competent: -generally covered all the syllabus 20+hrs
- Test standard: -Failed a test or considered as test-ready 6+hrs(The amount of hours needed is also depending on how quickly you learn and is intended as a guide only).
Intensive courses will require a 30% deposit and all test fees paid in advance of acceptance to the course, with the full amount payable on the commencement of the course.14-day cancellation policy on intensive courses. If you cancel the course within 14 days of the start of the course, then your deposit is forfeited. Outside of the 14 days then a full refund will be given, minus any test fees that have already been paid out
Cancellations and Termination A pupil may cancel a lesson or change the date of the lesson by giving a minimum of 24hrs notice at no charge. Otherwise, the lesson will be charged at a standard rate of £20.00 on the second occasion and thereafter. Similarly, if the instructor cancels on the second occasion with less than 24hrs on the notice, then the instructor will rearrange the lesson at a time that suits both instructor and the pupil and give a £20.00 deduction on the cost of the next lesson, but if the cancellation by the instructor is for mechanical breakdown of the vehicle, Theft of vehicle, Accident in-vehicle, extreme bad weather or force majeure then the lesson will be rearranged at no cost to the instructor.
The instructor reserves the right to cancel a lesson at short notice if it is suspected that the pupil may be unfit to drive due to the effects of alcohol, drugs (prescribed or otherwise) or any other condition that would cause his/her driving to be illegal and will be charged for the lesson.
External Links and Pages Links to any external website, I have no control of the content and take no responsibility for their content or the suitability of the website. However, the website will be checked at regular intervals for suitability and their content is suitable for learner drivers (16+). Any found not suitable or reported to me will be removed ASAP (24hrs). Access to Theory Test Pro may be removed without warning at any time.
Refunds and if a Pupil fails to contact the instructor. If a pupil fails to contact the instructor for 28 days after a lesson (Unless previously agreed with the instructor) then the pupil will be deemed to have ceased their driving tuition or the pupil wishes to cease tuition at the pupils request then all offers will cease. Any monies that are owed to you by the instructor will be returned to you, where an offer is in place, then the standard hourly rate of £27.00 per hour will be charged for hours already taken under the offer, an admin fee of 10% of the original transaction will also be charged. The remaining monies will be returned to you by the method of payment.
Late cancellation policy due to effects of Covid-19Your instructor will contact you to advise you of your lesson via SMS on the morning of your lesson/Driving Test, the SMS must be answered at a minimum of 30 minutes before the lesson, failure to reply to the SMS and confirm that you are fit and well for the lesson, will result in the lesson being cancelled,
- If your client or anyone in their household becomes unwell and has symptoms
- If your client believes they may have been in contact with someone showing symptoms
- If you become unwell and are showing symptoms
- if anyone in your household is showing symptoms
- If you believe you may have been in contact with someone showing symptoms
- if you have been out of the country where you must self isolate then the lesson cannot go ahead.
- If you have been contacted by a Public Health England track and trace and have been told to self isolate.
If so please inform your instructor, your lesson will be rescheduled to a later date at no cost. The next lesson cannot be for a minimum of 14 days from that date. if your instructor has been notified to self-isolate or has symptoms of COVID-19, the instructor will notify you as soon a possible and will rebook you at no charge, the instructor may cancel at any time as this is a public health issue.
PPE and Vehicle PPE must be used in line with government advice, Face coverings must be used by both the Instructor and the Pupil, gloves may be worn, clothing should cover as much area as possible. This advice will constantly change as policies will keep evolving. Your instructor will advise you of the best practices in order to have a safe lesson. Should you catch COVID-19 while taking tuition then the instructor cannot be held responsible for catching COVID-19. Similarly, the instructor cannot hold the pupil responsible for catching COVID-19. All reasonable care will be carried out to help in preventing COVID-19. The vehicle will be sanitized after and before each lesson to a high standard to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19Driving Tests, During this time of COVID-19, we shall be following the government advice, this can be found on the GOV.UK website is constantly being updated, you must keep checking for the latest advice from the GOV.UK website and information from your instructor. a website to obtain information is https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-driving-tests-and-theory-tests
Your rights as a consumer these Terms and Conditions are stated to avoid misunderstanding and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer and are Based on the ADI code of practice.
last updated 26/02/2021 (Version 3.01)